Post-July 4th ephemera

I've been a bit lax on the church slogan front, but here's a great one for y'all...

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE WAY YOU WERE BORN, TRY BEING BORN AGAIN


A quiet (for me) Independence Day was followed, today, by a fairly quiet day as well - not that it should have been, as I'm meant to be working hard at the book ( I have a copy deadline in a week and a half.) But somehow after the holiday there were a lot of things that I needed to get sorted, bills to pay, my car's licence tag to renew, emails to read and reply to...so very little got done. But I did cook dinner for Bill Walthall, the Rural Studio's drug rehab project (joking, Bill!!! well, not entirely joking, he is that, but so much more too) and we spent a very pleasant hour and a half talking about Greensboro and the state of the world. Bill brought fresh blueberries that his sister had picked, and fantastic fresh, tender sweetcorn from his neighbour's garden - a real treat.

This one's for my mother - Rurality. Not because I think she should get into making natural soap or kittens, but just to show her a kindred spirit in photographing every kind of flower and tree that comes along, and how lovely it can be for the rest of us to see it online...

Comments

Archive

Show more