omelette, sauted mushrooms and spring onions, and a hot roll

I have free range eggs! from the mad egg man in Marion who has a yard full of chickens, via my friend Chip who I play bluegrass with, who gave the egg man a load of dirt from a bass pond he's excavating and was given about 3 dozen eggs in return.

So the eggy lunch theme from last week is being revived, and I must say there is nothing better (especially on an edge-of-spring day like today) than a real omelette, wobbly on the inside and golden outside. I don't know why but I have a slight antipathy towards stuffed omelettes and prefer to have whatever might have filled it as a separate side vegetable. Or, if they're going to be all in one pan, do it properly and Spanish style, all stirred together like scrambled eggs, or Italian style, in a fritatta with no fussing around making waves like in an omelette.

Anyway, a happy lunch. Now, back to work...

Comments

Archive

Show more