left-over roast chicken, asparagus and boiled spuds

It's that time of year again when I feel terrifyingly of my age and background. That's right, when you read the Observer Food Awards and recognise all your stalwart haunts on the list. OK, so I hadn't managed to eat at Anthony's in Leeds, but every London-based restaurant, bar and shop is already on my 'regulars' list. Sad, huh! the nice middle-class foodie world. The only surprise is that Loungelover (winner of best bar) was written up as if it was something of a secret. Oh, I don't think so, not if you're a self-respecting twenty-to-fortysomething living to the east of the Blackfriars Road. But please guys, don't rush there all at once - its clientele has already become invaded by too many giggly blonde ad agency girls recently, and I would be very loathe to have to give up their cocktails because it got crowded out with OFM readers too. If, sometime in September, you see a dark-haired girl shooting you withering glances and hissing at her boyfriend, that'll be me trying to edge you out of my patch.

Comments

Archive

Show more