motherly comfort food

Somehow, with the kind of day it's been, I was craving homely Japanese food and with the recent food packages from my mother, I was in a position to indulge...simple stuff but somehow very nostalgic and exactly what I wanted. A salad of seaweed and thinly sliced cucumber, pan-fried tofu with ginger, garlic and lots of spring onions, dressed brown rice with nori to roll it up in with the tofu in a sort of improvised hand roll. Somehow, very nourishing and soothing, yet with the right amount of almost spicy freshness in the salad and the spring onions to zing up my taste buds. And followed with choclate from todays food parcel.

[Today was the zenith so far of motherly parcels - I received three, thank you mother!! chocolate, tea, gloves, lucky cat charm and a book of poetry which I read at lunch while munching on my take-out rib plate from Mustang Oil in my back garden.]

Comments

Archive

Show more