Last night, following up on the bean theme I did make one of my favorite things, the spinach and chickpea spaghetti I've blogged before here. I thought of it as an entry to IMBB but alas, my camera ran out of battery just at the moment of photographing my plate, and you know that pasta can't wait to be eaten. So it's going to have to wait.



The history of this dish lies somewhere in the Southern Mediterranean. In Spain you often find spinach and chickpeas on the menu as a dish of its own. I don't know where my mother got the recipe from, but I do remember the first time it turned up on my plate and that she said she had just discovered it somewhere (as opposed to one of those dishes that's been part of your diet from birth).



If you have left-over sauce from this, it's really great the next day as the filling for a frittata/tortilla/spanish omelette/whatever you like to call that dish.

Comments

Archive

Show more