fried chicken and fries from Crispy Chick

It's as bad as it sounds. Actually, it sounds like it should be good, in a retro backwoods Alabama way. But no, Crispy Chick is a bad idea. It wasn't my choice - but Mustang Oil was vetoed by today's lunch companion, the venerable Johnny Parker, for reasons he did not care to share. I don't understand why Crispy Chick is black Greensboro (and white JP's) eating venue of choice, as it's truly horrible hormonally enhanced frozen and fried chicken, manky fries, nothing good at all apart form the fact that their sweet tea doesn't taste awful. I gave most of my chicken to Johnny's dog, Doofus, who ate it in the truck and slobbered all over me. Nice.



And it looks like there ain't going to be no Taco Tuesday for a while, as the local Mexican suffered this morning from one of their employees not knowing how to drive a stick-shift truck and putting it right through the front wall and plate-glass window. Pretty amusing. Especially when I went by later and saw they had all the tables and chairs out front and all the employees were sitting around drinking beer while some hapless workmen mates of theirs tried to sort out the mess. I should have got a photo but Johnny wouldn't stop the truck.

Comments

Archive

Show more