gnocchi with tomato sauce

Last night's Christmas party fare offered some perfect examples of American cooking which to me is utterly incomprehensible but to others is, well, a really good idea.



Take the shrimp dip, for instance. Apparently this contained lemon Jell-O, as well as two tins of shrimp, tomato sauce, lemon juice, and mayonnaise. I mean, who actually thinks to put Jell-O in a dip? but everyone raved about how good it tasted and what a clever idea, I would have never guessed it had Jell-O in it, my goodness I'm doing that next time. I couldn't bring myself to even taste it after hearing the ingredient list. Shrimp should not be in tins.



And sandwiches with jam and ham? I don't understand, I'm sorry.

Comments

J.T. said…
Howdy!

Saw you nom. posting over at Accidental Hedonist. I'm from 'bama myself, the central part...from a small small town. It's good to see another 'bama blogging it up on the net about food. :)

Best wishes

Archive

Show more