what I ate last: A very autumnal borlotti bean, beef and noodle soup

Today I didn't have any lunch. My so-called team mates all went off for their separate lunches with their secret lovers/inseparable best friends, while I was ensconced in the computer lab oblivious to their whereabouts until my gurgling stomach alerted me to the fact that...I didn't have a ride into town for lunch. G.B's store only has a limited range of edible things and a packet of cookies really doesn't suffice. It put me in a pretty ratty mood, I must say, though luckily no-one was on the receiving end of it because, well, no-one was there. Bastards.



So it was good to get home and dig out some real hot food, suiting the dark evening (winter drawing in). Noodles in a sort of Mittel-Europa soup are my only exception to the al dente pasta rule. Sloppy and soupy suits them best. This one was a bit of a cheat, made with frozen borlotti bean soup that I made about a month ago, and left-over beef, but somehow all the better for it in the way that left-over meals can be. Tastes of autumn on All Souls Day.

Comments

Archive

Show more