Europan 9 launched

The competition that launches a thousand dreams of your face in El Croquis, Europan has launched and given aspiring urban designers everywhere three sites in the UK to choose from: an enticing green field next to Milton Keynes, a canal-side bit of Stoke now sadly without the potteries shown in one fantastic image, or a Sheffield site with the lovely name of Skye Edge. The jury includes Peter St John, Christine Hawley, and the wonderful Neave Brown, alongside one of the Urbed directors, the head of architecture at MK council and an Amsterdam planner, among others.

There are three 'free evening seminars at CABE on 8, 15 and 22 March 2007 on sustainability, urban realm and dealing with cars, with tips on how to win' to kick everything off [does anyone actually go to these? does anyone think that CABE's tips are going to win it for them?] and then it is registration by the end of May and submissions by end June. Ooh, I can hardly wait...are you all entering?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yes! Or at least I hope so if I can find the time. You?

I was whining about the quality of the results last time, so I should put my money where my mouth is and give it a try.
Hana Loftus said…
If I can find the time. Always hard...got a lot on right now!