Church slogans of the day:

HOW TO CUT A LONG STORY SHORT - DON'T TELL IT

THE BEST VITAMIN FOR A CHRISTIAN - B1

[geddit? Actually, it's all rather confusing because if you are already a Christian, you don't presumably need to B1...]

And what footballing traumas today. I'm rather sad, actually, as I was rooting for Crystal Palace to escape relegation due to my fondness for Iain Dowie, his truly committed team and the fantastic pseudo-blog of Aki Riihilahti. My next choice would have been Norwich and I would also have preferred to see Saints survive as I'm fond of Harry Redknapp and his chipper wheeler-dealering. So that West Brom, of all boring Midlands teams, might make it through was not what I wanted at all. And then Birmingham manage to beat us 2-1!

Apart from that, yesterday was another bluegrass festival at Blackwater - not as much jamming this time as we'd hoped for, partly due to a rainy interlude, but some good bands on stage, and it's always fun to get out and listen to music in the open air. We arrived back in Greensboro just as a mighty thunderstorm hit and had our last drink of the night watching the lighting and the torrential rain with the back barn doors open.

(Oh, and on a side note - never get your oil changed on Friday 13th. To add to the saga of my previously reliable vehicle, I drove to Parker Tire with everything working fine, got out of the car so that Scott [aka Squirrel] could drive it up the ramp, he started it and went forward 3 feet and then the damn thing died and wouldn't start up. Apparently I need a new fuel pump. Grrr.)

Comments

Archive

Show more